Saturday, January 2, 2010

This One's Just for Me


Forgive me for going slightly off-topic.  I figure a dreamer can always use more reading material, and Medieval Bookworm is hosting a Tournament of Reading.  The idea is that between January 1st (have I mentioned I'm late for everything?) and December 31st, 2010, you take the challenge to read more medieval literature (500-1500) and try for one of three levels:

Peasant--3 medieval books of any kind
Lord--6 medieval books, at least 2 from each category
King--9 medieval books, at least 2 from each category

Categories include history, medieval literature and historical fiction. 

Parzival (Penguin Classics)I've had Parzival (Penguin Classics) by Wolfram von Eschenbach sitting on my bedside table for quite a while now.  I think it's time to stop trying to slog through the introduction and dig in!






Here's how I got excited about Parzival, by the way (hey--I'm not as off-topic as I thought!):
Parzival: The Quest of the Grail Knight
This was a read-aloud with the kids for history a while back.  I'm not sure who enjoyed it most--I'm a big fan of Katherine Paterson.

So I signed up--because clearly I don't have enough to do, right?  I'm trying for Lord level--I'll try to keep you posted from time to time.  If you want to join me you can sign up here.