Thursday, May 19, 2011

List Lovers: Music for a Day when the Only Cure for it is a Good Romp Outside

I'm joing The Little List again today with some music links. I don't know about you, but sometimes spring fever hits me really hard. I've felt super restless recently, and the cold and rain we've had over the last few weeks seems to only augment that feeling. Some days all I really want to do is run around outside, forgeting anything that bears any resemblance to responsibility. So here's some music I love that is perfect for joining the kids outside:


1. Beethoven Symphony No. 7 in A Major, 4th mvt.
2. 3rd movement, Mendelssohn violin concerto in e minor
3. Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity, from Holst’s “the Planets”
4. “Tanz” from Carmina Burana, by Carl Orff
5. Glazunov violin concerto in A Minor, 3rd movement (the 2nd and 3rd movements in this piece are connected; the actual romping starts right around the 4” mark)