Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Power of Community



It's not about turning out prodigies or wunderkinds. It's not about living vicariously through your children. It's not even about playing violin (or piano, or harp, or flute, or cello, or guitar, or viola, or bass.) It's about how we raise our children, it's about community, it's about truth and beauty and excellence and nobility.

The older I get, the more I realize that this was a crucial element of my childhood, and it influences in more ways than I can count what I am working to do with my own children and with my students:

http://suzukiassociation.org/giving/community/

Monday was the 113th anniversary of Shinichi Suzuki's birth. This week the Suzuki Association of the Americas is working to get the word out about his vision, as well as raise funds for their continuing work. To learn more about the SAA, please follow this link.

Subscribe to Dreamer by Email