Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Sometimes Small Things are Huge




Around four years ago I learned I had arthritis in the joint at the base of my left big toe. 
Nine months ago I quit running. Too much pain in too many places.
In May I had surgery to remove bone spurs and loose fragments from that joint. 
Healing is a slow thing, and slow, and slow.
Today I ran a mile. It was slow but not terrible. 
And this ice pack does not need to be this beautiful, but it is.





Subscribe to Dreamer by Email

3 comments:

  1. The fact that you can find beauty in an ice pack is what I love best about your posts. "The invariable mark of wisdom is to see the miraculous in the common." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I did not know that was an ice pack and was picturing any number of things, all of them beautiful, but beautiful only in close-up, not-their-original-purpose sorts of ways. Which is exactly what you are so good at seeing, and capturing, and writing about. Love and happiness to you as you slowly heal. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both! I do like finding the things hiding right in front of me. Or seeing them in a new light. But I love having people who will come and look at them with me.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!