Thursday, September 27, 2012

Recently

 

A slow brilliant sunset, with time to watch it.

A towering Duplo Lego structure, left by children waiting for lessons.

A piece of notebook paper titled, “Hoverplate plans,” complete with drawings, labels and purple ink stains.

A deer, trailing me on an early-morning run.

A note on a tiny scrap of paper: Will you go out with me? Yes or no. PS—Hi!

A child too busy naming a future pet mouse to fall sleep.

A note from a student: I love you.



Subscribe to Dreamer by Email

5 comments:

  1. That last one makes me melt. Every so often a student will surprise me and melt my heart with a small gesture of love, whether it's a quick hug or a simple "thank you for the lesson". It's the little things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Blogger stopped notifying me of new posts on my favorite blogs! I had to click over to find this. Grr..

    This is a beautiful list. Reminds me of a 10 Bits of Magic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, I'm afraid you caught me. Maybe not ten of them, but definitely in that spirit.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!