Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful, Day 6: Elegance



Tuba Mirum, Mozart Requiem

It’s hard to say, exactly, all the factors that went into the Moment I had playing those two measures (0:52–0:58) last night.  I was already thoroughly steeped in Mozart, and that made a difference. But the way the voices fit together right there struck me as so perfectly elegant, elegant like the word limn or curved glass or a sliver of moon, that I felt a little giddy. I like being witness to those things.



Subscribe to Dreamer by Email

4 comments:

  1. A sliver of moon IS elegant. I love the way you write. I can just feel it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know those measures exactly. But speaking from a "Book 1 perspective", I am so loving how Simon now plays the last few measures of Andantino. The fermata! The ritard! Man... this IS music. XO Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing that, Amy! I've been working on crescendos and decrescendos with my Book 1 kids, and they seem to be loving it. It IS music!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!